Supplemental Grant Program
Deadline for submissions: September 1, 2018.
Due to the generosity of our partners and supporters, Kids’ Chance of America (“KCOA”) has established a program whereby additional scholarship funds are available to member organizations over and above the uniform distributions to all members in good standing presented at the annual meeting each year.
Member organizations are encouraged to seek additional scholarship funding according to the procedures and requirements outlined as follows:
The member state organizations should submit a completed grant application, along with a copy of the current financial 990 and a listing of current scholarship recipients, including:
Amount of KC Award
The grant application will be reviewed and evaluated by the KCOA Grant Committee based on the criteria and requirements listed below. The committee’s decision is final. The amount of money available will vary according to KCOA’s available funds and the number of applicants. Being turned down does not preclude a future application. ** Funds requested must be used for scholarship awards the 2018/19 academic year.
- Applicant organization must be a “member in good standing” at the time of the application and at the time of the award.
- Grant funds may only be used for scholarships, room, board, books and fees for qualified students under the applicable rules of the applicant state organization, and must be distributed by the state organization within 12 months of receipt. The member organization may not use the funds for organization overhead.
- Applicant’s ability to provide additional scholarships in the 18/19 scholarship cycle if additional funds had been available.
- Applicant’s ability to address shortfalls in current awards given in 18/19 scholarship cycle that did not fulfill the unmet meet the needs of their recipients.
- Applicant’s ability to continue the level of scholarship support even when experiencing a recent increase in qualified applicants or decrease in revenues.
- Applicant’s ability to increase 18/19 scholarship awards to KCOA target average award amount of $3000 annually.